Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Boy's Room Colour Palette

Last year I purchased some yarn to crochet The Girl a blanket for her bedroom.  When we (finally) get a 'proper' house here both The Boy and Girl are wanting a change of colour from the old rooms.  The Girl's was naturally pink with a little lilac thrown in and The Boy was blue.  After much searching online for a colour palette for The Boy we took inspiration from Pigtails lovely crochet blanket. 

Colour combo

I decided to go with the same pattern and yarn as I am using for the girl and narrowed the colours down to these six:

   
                             Off White (17)                                   Light Turquoise (02)                

     
                              Opal Green (11)                                        Petrol (48)

   
 Light Grey (23)                                    Light Ice Blue (29)

Both of us were really happy with these colours but I had also promised a handmade quilt.  Searching over the past few months we have settled on these woodland fabrics:

Enchanted Forest Fabric Bundle

Problem was the colours we have chosen for the crochet blanket are not quite right.  I went back to the colour chart for this range of yarn and dropped the opal green and light blue replacing them with a pistachio green and dark turquoise.

  
   

Enchanted Forest Fabric Bundle  Enchanted Forest Fabric Bundle  Enchanted Forest Fabric Bundle
Enchanted Forest Fabric Bundle  Enchanted Forest Fabric Bundle  Enchanted Forest Fabric Bundle
The fabric can be found here and the yarn here.

All I need to do now is save up some pennies but I'm hoping that I'll have some of the light grey left from The Girl's blanket so am holding off on getting the yarn until I finish her blanket. Oh and it's not like I need any more WIPs!

This post is part of my 50 by 50 year 1 review.
50 goals which I hope to complete during my 40's.

Grown Up Stuff
24) Turn new house in to a home
  • Crafty
  • 46)Crochet 10 blankets
  • 50) Make a quilt

4 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

It's going to look gorgeous, what a great colour match!!!!! X

Deb Hickman said...

It's going to look gorgeous, what a perfect color match!!!!!! X

Elizabeth said...

Love the choice of yarn colours and the beautiful fabrics for the quilt too. The room is going to look fabulous. Elizabeth xx

Holly said...

I love this color palette. It's very fitting since you live by the sea.