Monday, January 6, 2014

Time To Choose One Little Word For 2014

For the past 3 years I have chosen one little word to be part of my life for that year.  Along the way I have lost track, but in all I have tried to remember why I picked that word and why it was important to me.  These are the words I have picked in previous years:



Change - 2013
Completion - 2012
Me - 2011

This year I am choosing:




Winnow


According to the Oxford English Dictionary it has a number of meanings.  This is the meaning that applies to me:



  • To remove (people or things) from a group 
  • until only the best ones are left.

Winnow really follows on quite nicely from the words chosen for the past three years.  I need to remove things, remove situations and remove people from our group (The Boy, The Girl and Me) to reach our happy ever after.

To achieve this I need to change things, complete things and think of me. Without doing this our happy ever after will never come.

Have you picked a word to be your mantra in 2014?

4 comments:

Holly said...

Love it. Winnow is definitely something I need to do for myself!

Anonymous said...

Great word. Love how you are removing the negative things from your life.

I had never heard of this word before now.

alexa said...

That is such a great word, and reminds me of separating the wheat from the chaff - such a hopeful and energetic process! wishing you every success and looking forward to seeing how it grows in your life this year ...

Lisa-Jane said...

Interesting word! I thought it was Welsh for something else until you explained it. I like where it is heading but not why you need it (if that makes sense). I signed up for the class today thanks to your inspiration :-))