Friday, November 8, 2013

Blackberry Picking

Seems ages ago since we first went to pick blackberries however, we have been a few more times over the past few weeks as the crop we could reach was not many and I've had them all sat in the freezer for a few weeks.  Today is probably the last time we will go this year though so I have to see what we can make with our meager collection of fruit.




Such a messy job though:




There really were some lovely berries on these plants but sadly they were just out of reach.  When I finally get a house here in Wales, fruit bushes in our own garden are something that I want so badly.  Growing my own fruit and making jam from it is one of the goals on the cooking section of my 50 by 50 challenge list.

I just love making jam but I don't think we have enough berries to make jam unless I mix with some other fruits as we only have just over twice the amount in the tub above.

Any suggestion what we can use them for?

Linking up with Coombe Mill for Country Kids.

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall


1 comment:

alexa said...

We never have enough to make jam with either, but we love them added to apples in apple and blackberry pies or crumbles :).