Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Crocheting Along



Well since my last crochet post I have very slowly plodded along with The Girl's blanket and have finished crocheting the bottom half.  Its taken me 5 weeks to get the bottom part finished.  


I had hoped to have this blanket completely finished by the end of this month but with 9 days to go I am never going to sew all the 36 squares together and complete the blanket border.  



It's clear now I don't need to order any more yarn and should have enough to make a cushion too.

This isn't how the block should be laid out in the pattern, I had very cleverly left the plan at work yesterday as I had been working on finishing the last square yesterday afternoon.

First job before sewing is.......drum roll please.....blocking!

Linking up with WIP Wednesday, Nicole for Keep Calm and Craft on and a lovely new CAL I have discovered over at  Chrissie Crafts and Ladybird DiariesBloomin' Crochet Along.

         Chrissie Crafts

8 comments:

Rachel @ The Philosophers Wife said...

Very cool blanket! I love how colorful it is! :-) (Or will be, I guess . . .)

alexa said...

This looks like such a great undertaking and you've put lots and lots of work into it - I am sure you are both going to be delighted when it is all sewn up. Lovely!

Unknown said...

I love this - it's like the best of granny squares and patchwork combined! Such fun colours, too, and I'll be very interested to see how it all comes together with a border! Thanks for joining in the CAL! Chrissie x

Joyful said...

You're making such great progress! have fun as you continue.

Hannapat said...

Your blanket looks like a great patchwork work of art. I am sure it is going to look gorgeous when finished! Thank you for your sweet comment at mine and I look forward to getting to know you a little better. Hannapat xoxo

Hannapat said...

Your blanket looks like a great patchwork work of art. I am sure it is going to look gorgeous when finished! Thank you for your sweet comment at mine and I look forward to getting to know you a little better. Hannapat xoxo

Hazels Crochet said...

I love seeing a granny square blanket with all sizes of squares, they look so fun! And ick block, is it bad I very rarely block things...unless they are for other people he he!

Beca said...

I love to see all those little blocks lined up together. Looks like you've been super busy. It's coming along fine. Have a wonderful weekend!