Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Project Life Tuesday

Last year was the first time I completed Project Life and I have nearly finished last years album.  Just 6 weeks to complete now.   The photos are printed, I just need to find the time to finish the pages.  That's the hard part, finding the time to document the lives we are living.  But you have to live life to document it so there is no worry about not being up to date.  Last year I completed the project by trying to make a small dent in my every growing stash and I fully intended to do the same this year.  

Then......an email from Studio Calico dropping in my inbox and I signed up to their Project Life kits.  I was lucky to get a subscription starting in January   When we moved house in February a couple of dear friends brought me a house warming present; wine and a Becky Higgins Project Life kit.  Friends who know you are priceless.  

Last week I opened up the kits and started work on this year.  I completed my title page:



Spaces left for some favourite photos throughout the year to be added.  Then the first week of the year.  My album runs Monday to Sunday so this week is from 1st January to 6th January:



Don't know if I'm keen on the 6 x 4 top left on the first page.  Think the colour doesn't quite go even though I've tried to bring in the green polka dot hearts below.

I'm linking up with 'The Mom Creative' where you can find lots of Project Life LO's crafters have been working on this past week.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great project! I love to read back over my blog posts and remember what I was doing last year, but your project is much more visual and pretty :) I quite like the green against the red, could you add something in the same shade to the bottom right corner to balance it maybe?

Lisa-Jane said...

Love the bright colours in this PL section! I'm raelly loving using the divided page protectors. And yes Sarah has got About A Boy in stock. I think some of it features in the monthly kit which there was only a few left of. http://www.sjpapercrafts.co.uk/s-j-crafts-scrapbook-kit--marchapril--all-about-a-boy-new-3222-p.asp or this is the normal stuff http://www.sjpapercrafts.co.uk/all-about-a-boy-collection-new-283-c.asp Hope life is treating you well in Wales xx